Get Ready With Me
So, you’ve probably realised a little change in my blog…I have now re-launched my blog with the same domain, but the only difference is that I am now self-hosted, so I can expand and do bigger and better things when I update my blog! I hope you like the new blog as much as I do!
Today’s blog post is a little different, as I’m going to do a ‘Get Ready With Me‘ beauty post, which is a look I did for a meal out with work friends.
How I Do My Hair & Makeup
My makeup is normally more subtle than in your face. So, this makeup look may not be for everyone who likes bigger and bolder looks! Please excuse my bare face as well, I have tried to keep the post as realistic as possible. This means I haven’t edited pictures with my face in it, as it would take away from the realism. I have already styled my hair using my Babyliss Sleek Control 235 Wide Plate Straightener, and you can find more details on this product on my blog post:
I will go through each step of my night-out beauty routine with links to the products:
1. I have prepped my skin ready for make-up by using the Clinique Pep-Start™ 2-in-1 Exfoliating Cleaner:
2. I then applied the Pep-Start™ HydroBlur Moisturiser, to hydrate my face following the exfoliating cleanser. It is a light moisturiser, so is suitable for combination skin like mine!
3. To prepare my skin for the foundation, I used my YSL Touche Éclat Blur Primer. It is a transparent gel, which helps to illuminate the skin and reduces the size of my pores to give my skin a more smooth and even look.
4. The next step is applying my YSL Touche Éclat Le Teint Foundation in shade BD40. This is a medium shade, with warm undertones. My skin has peachy, yellow and golden undertones. I have done a review on the YSL Touche Éclat collection on the page I have linked below:
To get even coverage with the foundation, I like to use my Sillisponge to help me blend out my makeup.
You can buy one of these Sillisponge’s for 99p on eBay! I definitely think it’s a worthwhile investment because you don’t waste your foundation! The silicone does not absorb your product. I have shown a before and after picture of the Sillisponge to show the product left on the sponge after use:
Here’s the finished foundation look:
5. To set my foundation, I like to use the MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural in Medium Deep. This setting powder gives a natural-satin finish.
6. Following this, I’d normally apply my Benefit Hoola Bronzer Powder to help define my cheekbones. I use the Revlon Powder Blush™ in the shade Mauvelous to the apples of my cheek. This adds a pop of colour to my face. To finish the look, I like to add a pop of highlight onto the top of my cheekbones and above my cupid’s bow with the Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette.
I completely forgot about this step because I was in such a rush for the meal. (I hate being late to anywhere!) So, here’s a picture of the products that I normally would use:
7. When I reach this step, I can start getting creative! I applied the No7 Stay Perfect Smoothing & Brightening Eye Base, as a base for my eyeshadow to go on.
8. I love to create a smoky eyeshadow look whenever I go out. I’m not brave enough to go bold with my colours. So, to create the smoky effect, I love to combine my two favourite eyeshadow palettes to create the look and these are the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette and the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette.
I used Foxy from Naked 2 as my eyeshadow base colour. Then, I used Crème Brûlée from Too Faced all over my eyelid. Following this, I used Hazelnut from Too Faced on the outer corner of my lid, and blended it into the centre of my eyelid to create a light to dark gradient. I then used Snakebite from Naked 2 to emphasise the crease in my eyelid. To darken the crease, I used Haute Chocolate from Too Faced. To finish the look, I like to highlight the inner corner of my eyes using Champagne Truffle from Too Faced.
Here’s the end result of the smoky eyeshadow look:
10. This next bit is the bit that could ruin your entire makeup look! But, I feel like no night-time makeup look is complete without a good winged liner! I use the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. This is the best eyeliner I have ever used!
For once my eyeliner actually turned out well! As I’ve heard someone once say “eyeliner are meant to be sister’s not twins!“…
11. We’re almost at the end of the makeup routine now! I like to apply my YSL Luxurious Mascara for False Lash Effect in High Density Black. This mascara helps my Asian lashes appear much longer, which is a miracle!
I normally like to use eyelash curlers after curling my lashes, which I know is a bit naughty, but if I don’t my eyelashes are so flat and lifeless!
12. The penultimate step of this makeup look is brows of course! I have only ever used one brow product in my life and I can’t look at any others. The Wunderbrow 2 Brow Gel in the shade Brunette is literally my lifesaver!
13. If you’ve read up until this point, congratulations! We’re on the final step of the makeup look! To finish the look I like to use my YSL Volupté Tint-in-Balm in Shade 2 (Tease Me Pink).
So, now that you’ve reached the end of my makeup routine, here’s some images of the finished look! I hope you enjoyed today’s run-through of my night-time makeup routine!
I hope you enjoyed today’s run-through of my night-time makeup routine!
If you enjoyed today’s, please press the like button and if you want to keep up-to-date with future blog posts, please subscribe to my blog either using WordPress, Email or Bloglovin’!
Business/Collaboration Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org